• Chicken pieces (e.g., drumsticks, thighs, or wings) - 1.5 kg (about 3.3 pounds)
For the Marinade:
• Garlic powder - 1 teaspoon
• Ground black pepper - 1 teaspoon
• Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
• Oil (any cooking oil or ground oil of your choice) - 1 tablespoon
For the BBQ Sauce:
• Brown sugar - 1 teaspoon
• Barbecue sauce - 1/2 cup
• Ketchup - 1/4 cup
• Honey - 3 tablespoons
Please note that the quantities mentioned above are suggested and can be adjusted according to your taste preferences and the number of servings you want to make. Enjoy your homemade BBQ chicken!
How to Make Homemade BBQ Chicken:
• Begin by thoroughly washing the chicken pieces. Separate the flat and drum portions, then wash them again to ensure cleanliness.
• In a mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients: one teaspoon of garlic powder, one teaspoon of ground black pepper, and half a teaspoon of salt. Add one tablespoon of oil (any cooking oil or ground oil of your choice). Mix the ingredients well, and then set the chicken aside to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
• Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper or baking paper.
• Place the marinated chicken on the prepared baking tray, making sure to leave some space between each piece. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until it turns golden brown.
• While the chicken is baking, you can prepare the BBQ sauce. In a saucepan, combine one teaspoon of brown sugar, half a cup of barbecue sauce, 1/4 cup of ketchup, and 3 tablespoons of honey. Stir the ingredients on low heat until well combined. Once done, set the sauce aside.
• Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the oven. Dip each piece into the prepared BBQ sauce, ensuring they are coated evenly.
• Continue this process with all the chicken pieces, ensuring they are well coated in the delicious BBQ sauce.
• Serve the homemade BBQ chicken with a side of the remaining BBQ sauce for dipping and enjoy your delicious meal!